ISF Program Objectives
- Graduates of the BS/ISF program will be employable in a position requiring mastery of concepts and application of skills in computer security and/or forensics.
- Graduates of the BS/ISF program will become leaders in their organization.
- Graduates of the BS/ISF program will work effectively as team members in their organization.
- Graduates of the BS/ISF program will become lifelong learners in their discipline.
ISF Program Outcomes
Gradutes will be able to:
- program securely and effectively in a modern, object-oriented language, with the ability to access the hardware directly as well as store and retreive data effectively.
- apply programming skills to solve computer security and forensic problems.
- identify requirements from users and communicate with users, peers, and management to meet those requirements.
- configure and secure computers and network services and perform technical auditsto assert control effectiveness.
- analyze malicious software and identify evidence of such software.
- analyze, defend against, and respond to computer and network attacks.
- discover, collect, preserve, analyze, and present admissable digital forensic evidence.
- assess the ethical ramifications of working in the computer security field.
- work effectively in team environments to accomplish a goal.
- understand the need for life-long learning.