For students that would like additional assistance, the NSSA & IT departments offer tutors. For IT courses, the tutoring lab is located in GOL 2670. For NSSA courses, tutors (graduate assistants/teaching assistants) can be located in the NSSA Labs. The TA/GA tutors in NSSA who are on duty can be determined by looking at any monitor outside the main NSSA Labs or the NSSA Lab equipment cage. Tutors schedules change quarterly and are listed below. Students who are struggling a bit with Java, Database, Networking or Multimedia projects will find useful assistance provided by the tutors.
The lab is staffed with students who are experts in their designated tutoring areas.
The NSSA/IT tutors are a wonderful resource that many students do not take full advantage of. Next time, instead of dropping or withdrawing from a class, seek the help of a tutor; they're there for your benefit.
The following are the Tutor's current schedules:
Networking and System Administration
- TA/GA Schedule and Pictures (Opens in new window)
- Graduate\Teaching Assistant Duties:
- Graduate Assistants when in the labs, will assist students with coursework and lab sign-offs. They will require that you demonstrate that any lab tasks have been completed and understood by the students before providing the sign-off. They will additionally provide tutoring in various networking class subjects.
- They will NOT provide answers and if it is deemed that the student needs additional assistance beyond what the graduate assistant can provide, the student will be directed to contact their class instructor for further assistance.
- Please bear in mind the following
- Graduate\Teaching Assistants do have many students to help. Please be patient in locating them or when they ask you to wait a few minutes.
- Please remember that they have times they are working for the labs and the other times they are working on their own coursework. Please be kind and verify they are on duty to assist you.
Information Sciences & Technologies